Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cookie Swap 2011 Guest Post from Gourmet Getaways


As I promised you all I would blog on my received cookies from Julie @ Gourmet Getaways. I have only received 1 of my 2 cookie lots, so to date I can only give you the one I have, hopefully (fingers crossed) I receive my 2nd dozen soon.

My cookies came from Julie at http://gourmetgetaways.com.au/, which I was quite excited about, her food blog is full of amazing ventures and tastings that make me want to sneak into her handbag and sample the wares also.  If you’re like me you would also know Lorraine at Not Quite Nigella (I have been lucky enough to win 2 prizes through her blog and I read her daily posts via email with relish) and I follow her recommendations on cafes, restaurants, hotels, events etc, well Julie is very much the same with photography that puts me to shame!  She has made my cookies look like something in an American shop window or candy store!


Julie made me some traditional Dutch Speculaas. Please find the Cookie Swap Recipe here on Julie’s Blog http://gourmetgetaways.com.au/entries/general/the-great-cookie-swap-2, definitely worth making, they are super scrummy! The recipe is a keeper in my Christmas file.  Whilst you’re at it whip yourself up a batch for the family, and sit down and enjoy them with a Hot Chocolate and read the delights on Gourmet Getaways.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your gorgeous cookies, and this wonderful story on my dutch cookies. I have thoroughly enjoyed the cookie swap experience... even though I only received 1 doz cookies too. Fingers crossed there is another dozen in the post :)

    ReplyDelete