Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Delicious Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies

I had a close friend that I was meeting for lunch on our holidays, I awoke wondering what I could take her to cheer her up.... a chocolately fudgey gooeiness thats what!

So buckle up and enjoy the ride along the fudge highway to another delectable delight to tickle your tastebuds! I can assure you that this is a recipe worth mixing, it took me only 30 minutes to prepare and then 50 minutes to bake it! A good one to whip up just before guests arrive.... because they make your house smell like you are a Domestic Goddess!

Double Chocolate & Walnut Brownies

200g Dark Cooking Chocolate
175g Butter
3 Eggs
150g Plain Flour
250g Castor Sugar
50g Walnuts - chopped
200g Darking Cooking Chocolate - roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.  Grease and flour your 13 x 9 inch tin.

Using a heat proof bowl put over a small saucepan of simmering water.  Place 200g of chocolate broken up, and the butter into your bowl, and continue to stir over the heat until your chocolate  and butter are completely melted and glossy.

Take a large mixing bowl and sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar into the bowl.  Next stir in your melted chocolate mixture.

Finally roughly chop your walnuts and 200g chocolate and add them to your mixture and stir until combined.

Pour your mixture into your prepared tin, and place the tin in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.

Remove and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.  Cut off the sides of the brownie first and then slice the slab into squares.

I got 15 neat squares.

I highly recommend eating at least one piece whilst it is lovely and warm.
This is devine, why o why have I never made brownies before in my life??? Where have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment