Friday, December 18, 2015

Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2015 - Salted Double Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies

I have once again joined the The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap which runs annally each year internationally, and is hosted by : Julie Tran from The Little Kitchen  & Lyndsay Landis from Love & Olive Oil.

This year I have opted out of my decorated cookies because with my business I just have not had the time to stretch myself.

So this year we have my favourite cookies which are totally delicious!!!

Salted Double Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups Choc Chips (I do dark to get the rich colour result)
1/4 Cup Butter
3 Eggs
1 Cup Golden Castor Sugar (for extra special flavour)
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 tsp Salt
6 Tbsp Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 Tbsp Dutch Cocoa
2 tsp Chocolate Spice Mix
20  Caramels - cut in Half (I use Columbines as I am in Australia)
Fleur De Sel (Salt on top to bake)

Makes - 24-30 Cookies

Method
Place 1 1/2 cups of choc chips into a double boiler and melt and combine in the butter.

Place the eggs. sugar, vanilla and salt in the mixer and mix together thoroughly.

Swap to a spatula/wooden spoon. Then add in the flour and baking powder along with the cocoa, chocolate spice mix (I purchased from a German Spice Shop in the Strand Arcade Sydney - Gewurzhaus) and mix together very well so there are no white streaks present.



Cover and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.

Take out of the fridge and roll a tablespoon size of dough, then dip a hole using yor thumb and pop a half piece of caramel into the dough and roll up into a tight ball.  Place the cookie dough ball onto a baking tray.  Repeat and line tray leaving about 3 inches between each ball to allow for speading as these will become about 2-2.5 inches wide.

Press down on dough balls to flatten slightly.  Sprinkle the tops of cookies with the Fleur De Sel (or sea salt if you cannot obtain).

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Cool for 15 minutes.

*Note Im late in posting and my recipients will receive this coming week before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment